2008年7月17日 星期四

Au revoir, mon amour.



Paris, pour te dire merci
Avec mes pieds, je te caresse. 

Robert Doisneau -Le remorqueur du Champ de Mars

##ReadMore##

Not until my very last French class that I realized I'm really leaving....
This is an unfinished journey, there are still too many places I want to discover, too many things I desire to do. I had always thought that I had plenty of time for groking this city. I used to spend my whole afternoon taking an unoriented walk, or going a long way to a museum just for visiting one painting that kept popping into my mind. What a luxury way to devote my time in Paris! However, it's what it takes to admire Paris. We could never finish exploring Paris anyway. When the tourists say: I have been to everywhere people must visit in Paris, they have no ideas what they are talking about; because glancing at Mona Lisa in Le Louvre, taking photos in front of La Tour Eiffel, shopping in the crazy expensive stores on the avenue of Les Champs-Elysées, doesn't mean that you have seen Paris. In fact, Paris doesn't need all those fancy landmarks to flaunt its beauty, Paris is simply fabulous for the nice sunshine afternoon sitting on the green grass in the parks, for the incredible light reflecting on the river La Seine, for the little pebble alleys leading us back to the old good times, for the lovely breeze embracing us in the summer, for the beautiful melody randomly bubbling up in the metro stations, furthermore, for Paris is Paris. It is a city where only if you forget about all the guide books, take your time wondering around, then you'd fall in love with, deeply.

These two months, I have tried to note down my walks in Paris, as a souvenir of Paris for myself, since I'm not sure if I'd be lucky enough to live here once again someday in my life.
Nevertheless, I didn't write a single word about my favorite neighborhood, I couldn't. Sometimes, when the things are too precious that any words of describing would just ruin them, it's not because the beauty of Paris is fragile, but because there's no chance we can hand others what Paris got to touch people inside, not through the words, the pictures, the videos, the whatever. You have to be here, to see Paris with your own opened-hearts.

Well, many of the Parisian don't even like Paris. When things are too easy to reach, we'd lose the ability to appreciate them. Just like I see the magnificent Paris, because I observe it with different regards, with the same sensible eyes, everywhere can be as adorable as Paris. I came a long way to realize this ridiculously simple truth(Yeah, it's kinda retarded of me, I know:S). Through the wonderfulness of Paris, I recognized the treasure of Taipei, I cherished more my homeland. We go far away for getting closesr to where we are from, this strangely makes sense.

No matter how many times of departure I have been through, It's still hard to say goodbye, but I know I'll be back. Moreover, I'd always have Paris.


" If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast. " 
                                                                      ——Ernest Hemingway

沒有留言: